Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Hobbyking no customer service?

Old 02-27-2012, 01:58 AM
sparky 25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbyking no customer service?

At the start of February I placed an order for 2x 5000mah 2s lipos,
And also a lipo charger,

Both items were in stock and a couple days after I received a tracking number,

When I checked the tracking it said that the parcel was on route to destination,

The destination listed was Spain, I live in Ireland,

Contacted hobbyking customer support every day for over 5 days and still no response,

I tracked the item after 5 days and it said destination Spain, delivered.

So I went to PayPal to open a dispute,

A couple days later I got a reply from hobbyking saying that they did not know why my items had been shipped to Spain,
And that they would contact hong kong post about this,

They also told me to cancel the dispute with PayPal,

That was 4 days ago and I have heard nothing since,

I did not cancel the dispute and I still can get no reply from hobbyking as to what is happening,

What can I do?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:03 AM
Goldenduff

Default RE: Hobbyking no customer service?

I would persue getting PayPal on the case as HK are slow and useless re customer service.
Get PayPal to refund as goods not delivered.
Once refunded you can try reordering?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:48 AM
RevGQ

Hey guys, we all know that sh.t happens. I have been a customer of Hobby King for 5+ years now and I have never been cheated out of anything. I have always gotten what I have paid for. That said, I want to say that there has to be a level of trust put forth on both sides in these transactions. Most modelers are trustworthy (I did say most), and most businesses are as well. I would have followed the advice of HK and allowed them the opportunity to make things right. This would have required some trust on the buyer's part. However, if HK did not then do right, I would cease doing business with them.
I recently made an order with heliproz and upon finding out that the battery I ordered did not have the right connections, emailed them to cancel my order. I received an elegant email in return, but they went ahead and placed the order after I had purchased same battery elsewhere. I have placed over $3,000.00 in orders with the company over the years, but will cease doing further business with them as the person responsible in their sales dept. lacks integrity (my opinion only). I don't want a fight, just fair and equitable treatment as a customer in hard economic times. I'd rather give up the hobby than be treated unfairly by those lacking integrity. But that is just me.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:03 AM
sparky 25

IMO if hobbyking wanted to put things right they would have just reshipped my order,

There was no way it was ever going to reach me in the first place with the wrong address on the parcel,

I'm sure someone in Spain is already using my batteries and charger,

Hobbyking are blaming hong kong post, but surely they only delivered to the address supplied by hobbyking.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Indiomike
My Feedback: (5)

I was highly pissed at Hobbyking too as the airplane I received from them had no assembly instructions whatsoever. The plane was also damaged (not by shipping but probably at the factory). I can make a repair by myself. I tried their phone support number and found nobody would answer the phone. I sent an email to them and fumed for about 10 days as that too got no response. Finally they did respond to my email and gave me a link where I could find the assembly instructions for the model.

I won't ever buy from Hobbyking again. I can't stand poor customer service and although they did respond in the end, it was almost two weeks to hear from them. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Also, you will have to go through a lot of red tape to return anything to them. You have to return all packaging, you have to weigh the item and it must be accurate to within 5 grams of the original shipped weight. You have to provide photographs of everything if you are claiming damage. And of course, the return is at your expense. If any of their requirements are not met, the claim will be rejected per their own claims procedure. They are counting that most people will just give up rather than jump through all the hoops they require for customer service.

NEVER AGAIN HOBBYKING.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:46 PM
TheWoodCrafter
My Feedback: (1)

Hobby King absolutely has the worst customer service.

I have read many accounts of either lost in shipment and blowing off the customer or shipping defective items and still blowing off the customer.

Then if they don't ignore the customer you are expected to ship it to the other side of the world at your own expense.

So anything I order from them I know if it comes broken I will have to throw it in the trash.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:39 PM
clusterfunk

Wow, this is no good. I was about to start a rant thread about the same thing. My 2 3s 6000mah were just shipped to New Jersey. I live in Miami. The thing is that i ordered from the US warehouse, and the original email i got from HK had my correct address. I opened a ticket about an hour ago but this thread is giving me indigestion. I was waiting for these to reach miami yesterday so I can have them shipped to me in Dubai (where I work) along with several other things ive been waiting for. This will be the last thing i ever buy from HK. 

Old 02-27-2012, 09:50 PM
ira d

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At least once a week somewhere on RCU there is a discussion about HK's poor service also i'm starting to hear more complaints from folks
at the flying field about HK.

I wont be anydoing busness with HK.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:36 PM
Goldenduff

Like I said. Try and get a refund from PayPal- get them to haras HK.
Also buying with a credit card offers protection too
Old 02-28-2012, 05:20 AM
porterdog

ORIGINAL: Goldenduff

Like I said. Try and get a refund from PayPal- get them to haras HK.
Also buying with a credit card offers protection too
This x100. I always use my credit card to pay via PayPal. PP will try and talk you out of it (costs them money) but you're SO much better off. The CC company will almost always side with the cardholder, and as Goldenuff said, doing it this way gives you two layers of protection (PP and CC co.) At the first sign of trouble you should notify both that there's an issue and you're working to sort it.

To the OP: Don't cancel your PP dispute! That's giving up all your power and Ithink that in PP's mind cancelling the dispute implies that it's all rainbows and bunnyrabbits. (ETA: which means you cannot reopen it. Screw that!)

Old 02-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Andrew

My last order from HK took a full 28 days to arrive. The original tracking number listed Russia as the destination, but was later changed. Tracking is slow to update and may show invalid shipping addresses.

OTOH, if you want to pay absolute bottom dollar for an item, you shouldn't expect either outstanding customer service or top of the line quality for all items. If you do have those expectations, feel free to pay 5 to 7 times as much from your LHS or on-line US held company. You're going to get the same Chinese quality control, but at least you'll have someone to complain to.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:44 AM
drumduan

If you pay bottom dollar should at least RECIEVE bottom dollar stuff.

You (should) GET what you pay for!!!! (even if it is cheap and not as good quality!)
Old 02-28-2012, 10:53 AM
sparky 25

I have not cancelled the PayPal dispute,

I escalated the dispute for PayPal to step in and do something,

Hope if I don't receive the items I at least get my money back,

This is my last time buying anything from hobbyking.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Goldenduff

Let us know how this ends. Can you peruse PayPal to give you a refund?
Old 02-28-2012, 11:19 AM
clusterfunk

still no reply on my ticket, someone in NJ is trying to figure out what the hell hes doing with 2 6000mah packs.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:25 PM
sparky 25

Someone in Spain has 2 of my 5000 2s hard case packs and lipo charger,

To be honest I just hope I receive my batteries and charger,

Old 02-28-2012, 12:55 PM
trax de max

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i keep getting free lipos and chargers.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Sessholvlaru

I had a similar problem. Placed a large order from HK (overseas warehouse) and got a tracking number. I tracked it and it made it to the U.S. only to be returned to sender because of an "incomplete address." No return tracking, so I had no idea where it was.

Contacted HK through their online support (no one ever answers the phone number, last time I tried it it was disconnected) and they told me it would be re-sent to me after they got it back. A few weeks later it had still not made it back to them and they refused to refund me or ship me a new order (despite them knowing it was on it's way back to them).

Finally created a Paypal dispute and they (Paypal) refunded me. HK also asked me to cancel the dispute, but they were not willing to work with me, so tough bananas. Total time from order to Paypal refund: 2 months.

From then on I try to order what I can from the US warehouses.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:10 PM
smperry
My Feedback: (4)

To those of you who report consistently good service and product satisfaction from Hobby King, I have one piece of advice:

Go buy Lotto tickets....lots of Lotto tickets.... before your run of good luck runs out :-)

sp
Old 02-28-2012, 05:04 PM
ma_mulcahy

Another happy "Hobby Crapshoot" customer!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:28 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

sorry to hear. i havent ordered anything yet from them.

Sounds like they ignored you untill you made a paypal dispute then they wanted you to canx that dispute lol. i bet they make so much money of this crap. one guy in here was asked to pay with western union and he did. He never got his stuff over 1000 bucks and could dispute it.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:20 PM
socshooter
My Feedback: (45)

Is Hobby King becoming another Banana Hobby? I have to dispute the Hobby King having the worse customer service, until you buy from banana hobby. I will never buy anything from BH again. Im sorry to hear that becuase I was about to place an order from them. Well Ill find another company.

Good Luck,

J
Old 02-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

This is what happens when companies are taken over by, or run by groups that should not be meddling in the affairs of a business which has been done a few times now.

This is the kind of thing that will be more common than not with all companies sooner than later on the present course.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:50 PM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

your dumb if your expect to pay bottom dollar for something and get top dollar support

Old 02-29-2012, 02:37 AM
byrne1157

To date, I've only had one problem with HobbyKing. Iordered a wattmeter from them and it was DOA. I requested an RMA ticket, and told them I wanted to ship it to the USA Warehouse, and would like store credit. When Iprinted off the RMA, it had the Washington Address on it, and about 1-1/2 weeks later, I checked my account and I had a credit for the puchase price. I don't know about you guys, but that is good customer service to me. I figure it like this, there are 7 billion people on this planet, and a lot of them are r/c addicts. If they try hard and are able to satisfy most of us, most of the time, they are doing pretty good. Nobody is perfect, especially me...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.