Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Glow plug igniter won't charge?

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Glow plug igniter won't charge?

Old 12-14-2012, 07:33 AM
mudfrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow plug igniter won't charge?

Hey guys.. I can't seem to get a charge on my new glow plug igniter. I'm using a metered dynamite igniter 2600mah (#DYN1930) and when I plug it in to the charger the light on the charger glows. Ilet it charge overnight and it's still showing 0 on the meter. Did I get a bad igniter or is the meter useless? I haven't checked it on a glow plug yet, I will when I get off work.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Lone Star Charles

Default RE: Glow plug igniter won't charge?

Please report back after you have checked it on a plug.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:51 AM
ALWAYSPDG
My Feedback: (1)

Take a glow plug and connect it to the ignitor and see if the glow plug "glows". If your glow ignitor is new, most manufactures recommend charging it for 16 hours on a wall wart charger before first use (the charger that came with it). If your ignitor is old, then you might have a bad battery which they are usually replaceable.

When you are charging the ignitor you will know when it is ready/charged when the ignitor feels a little warm.

Hope that helps,

Mike
Old 12-14-2012, 08:56 AM
mudfrog

The igniter is new and it didn't come with a charger.  I already had a charger.  I put it on the charger yesterday around 6pm and I checked it this morning at 7am.  So it wasn't quite 16 hours. 
Old 12-14-2012, 09:52 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

The meter on the charger will only activate when it is attached to a working glow plug. You need to attach the igniter to a good plug and then the meter will show the current level being applied to the plug.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:09 PM
mudfrog

ORIGINAL: flyinwalenda

The meter on the charger will only activate when it is attached to a working glow plug. You need to attach the igniter to a good plug and then the meter will show the current level being applied to the plug.
That is exactly what Ifigured out when I got home. It works fine, I just expected the meter to work while it was charging.