Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

DC power for Hobbico Accu-Cycle +

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

DC power for Hobbico Accu-Cycle +

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 08:28 AM
freebelle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DC power for Hobbico Accu-Cycle +

I have an Accu-Cycle Plus charger from Hobbico that I would like to use in my vehicle for charging to and from the flying field. Hobbico indicated that they have a 12v adapter but it sells for like $35. Does anyone know how, or what, would work that is inexpensive and, or easy to make? I already have a quick field charger that I use, but want a second unit as I haul a minimum of two planes. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:33 AM
freebelle

Default RE: DC power for Hobbico Accu-Cycle +

I find it hard to believe that no one out there has found a way around buying the 12v adapter so they can use the Accu-Cycle Plus as a field charger. Electrically, I am somewhat challenged and would like some input. Even so much as to say it is best to buy the adapter, or purchase another Quick Field Gaharger.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:52 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

If your using it in your vehicle you don't need a 12 volt power supply, use the vehicles 12 volt system. Battery under the hood or cigar lighter socket or many vehicles have an aux power plug built in.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:00 AM
freebelle

Thanks for the reply. At first I thought that would work but before I tried it I wondered why they would charge $35 for a simple plug to the Lighter socket. It just seemed too simple. The output of the AC transformer it came with is 16 volts AC. Appreciate your input. Am I worrying about something that I should not be?
Old 09-19-2003, 02:38 PM
laryboy
My Feedback: (2)

SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY AND CHARGE ONE WHILE YOU FLY THE OTHER
Old 09-20-2003, 09:14 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Yes you are! Don't make it complicated, just use it as it's designed, works just fine.