Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

what is highest mah rating i can use?

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

what is highest mah rating i can use?

Old 03-31-2013, 02:37 PM
Bighawk25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is highest mah rating i can use?

i have a tamiya tt-01 and im going to put an ezrun 60a esc and a ezrun 8.5t motor in it. ill have fans on motor and esc. i plan on using a 3s 40c-80c lipo battery. im just wondering how high a mah rating can i use? thinking about 4000 but if i can go higher then i want to. any help is appreciated.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:52 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: what is highest mah rating i can use?

There is no limit (other than weight and size)
Old 03-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Bighawk25

oh now i know. well what would be the highest i could use without weighing down my car too much and so it can still fit in original battery place? is there a big difference in size and weight between say a 4000 mah and a 5000 mah?
Old 03-31-2013, 05:33 PM
countilaw

Go to your local hobby shop and let them give you some expert advice on the largest battery that will fit in your rc car with the maximum MAH. The battery will cost a little more than what you would expect from Hobby King, but that is the price you pay for EXPERT advice and REAL customer service.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:40 PM
Bighawk25

i dont have a hobby store to me. i think ill just get a few 4000 mah and a smaller one. been told that should fit fine. any idea what kind of run time a 4000mah 3s lipo would give me? just an estimate
Old 03-31-2013, 06:07 PM
Bighawk25

also just wondering if i need to buy a lipo cutoff or anything extra if i buy the ezrun 60a esc and use a lipo?
Old 03-31-2013, 06:21 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Take a ruler,tape measure, etc..and measure the battery box . Then convert those measurements so you have inches and millimeters, Then go to a battery website, look at the pack specs and find the packs that will fit and you can determine the weight difference between packs too.
http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...hard-case.html

The milliamp rating determines capacity (like a small cup or large cup of soda....one will last longer than the other). Higher ma rating also means larger and heavier packs too.