Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Admiral Lipo Batteries - Any Good?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Admiral Lipo Batteries - Any Good?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 10:09 AM
mark IX
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Admiral Lipo Batteries - Any Good?

Does anybody have any experience with the Admiral brand batteries sold by Motion RC? Are they good quality, and durable?

Thanx, Mark
Old 06-06-2014, 05:22 AM
Florida Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been using the admiral 2500&3600 4s and 4000 6s lipos over the last year with good success. Motion RC has very good customer service too.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:56 AM
mark IX
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know roughly how many cycles you have on the batteries?
Old 03-06-2018, 11:52 AM
ftherrmann
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was mad last night when I discovered that another 6 month old 5000 6s Admiral battery had once again died (one cell below 3v) over the winter months while being stored in an ammo box in my office at storage charge. This identical thing happened last year. Last year I called MotionRC they basically told me to suck it up since they didn't know how I may have abused the battery. Well, like I said in my review from last night (not yet posted), I don't abuse the batteries. I time my flights so the batteries have a remaining charge between 20%-30%. I can't remember the last time I flew a battery below the ESC LVC.

So last night I cut off the EC5 and tossed the battery which was picked up in the garbage this morning. This morning I also received an email from MRC which says: Sorry for your bad experience, give us a call. I called MRC and the rep tells me too bad I didn't take a picture and if I had been a mind reader and had taken a picture I would have received a replacement.

This is outright BS! You didn't replace the 5000 6s last year so why would you expect me to think you're going to replace this years $109 sacrifice? I seriously doubt I'm the only person who's seen this happen given that roughly 15% to 20% of the 6s 5000 mAh lipos I've bought from MRC have died after 6 months with one bad cell.

I was mad last night, but now I'm really pissed! I've had $218 worth of 6 month old batteries with less than 12 flights each die for NO RHYME OR REASON! MRC's lipo vendor knows what their failure rate is after 6 months as well as I and I'm certain others do. STAND BEHIND THE PRODUCT!