Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Need lipo battery and regulator for a JR DSM R922-Power Safe

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Need lipo battery and regulator for a JR DSM R922-Power Safe

Old 11-23-2014, 08:23 AM
sharpnr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need lipo battery and regulator for a JR DSM R922-Power Safe

I'm putting a JR DSM R922 in a Top Flite B-25. I want to run 2,000 or 4,000 Lipo, but can't find a regulator. I'm putting electric retracts in also and want the extra battery! Any ideas please! I'm wanting to run 2 batteries, cause that's what the reciever will take....to go from 7.4 volt to 6 volts.

Last edited by sharpnr; 11-23-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:40 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spektrum VR6007
Old 11-24-2014, 02:41 PM
GR7Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had an issue with running regulators with the powersafe RX. If the regs don't put out exactly the same voltage, the powersafe rx will pull from the higher regulator more and the batteries will not drain evenly. Eventually, one pack will draw down enough that the other will take over, but the low pack is pretty close to dead when that happens and all your eggs are in that one basket now (the remaining charged battery/regulator combo).

One option is to swap the batteries to the other regulators every couple of flights. Another option is to go with LiFe batts and no regulators for the rx, and a separate battery for your retracts....which would be a smarter solution in my opinion.

KennyMac