Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

torqmaster lc

Old 08-23-2015, 08:47 AM
krokodyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default torqmaster lc

Hello all i have rescently bought a used field box which came with a torqmaster lc. I checked the viltage and it was at 7 volts. i left it over night charging with a motomaster charger and in the morning it hit 10 volt. About 2 hours later it was at 11. I leave it charging for a while. Do you guys think it will be any good?
Old 08-24-2015, 08:49 AM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

well it wouldn't hurt to try it. But in the same token a 12 v battery usually has around 12 volts in it when its dead. it sounds like it may not keep a charge if it took that long to charge.
lead acid batteries tend to not keep a charge if they sit for a long period at that low of a voltage.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:58 AM
krokodyl

yeah i think its dead. It did hit 13.2 volts after another 24 hours but when i plug in the electric starter it doesnt have enough power to turn the engine.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:23 AM
KW_Counter

I just rigged up a starter with a pair of 3s 2200 LiPos in parallel.
These were a few years old and weren't giving me sufficient flight times anymore.
They are working great and easily started a 90 size 4 stroke.
You may want to consider this instead of getting a new lead acid battery.

Good Luck,
KW_Counter
Old 08-29-2015, 02:17 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

sounds like a good idea, and I have considered that for my larger 24 volt starter for bigger planes. one advantage to this may be that you would not have to charge your starter batteries every time you go out to fly. like you would with your nicd glow griver and any other nicd or nimh or even lead acid battery.