Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Hmm any suggestions lol

Old 07-07-2016, 07:22 PM
08hondacivicsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmm any suggestions lol

So anyone ever done this? If so how can I get this out. Thanks

Old 07-08-2016, 10:38 AM
The Saylors

oh man how did that happen? is that the power plug? even if you could get a small magnet on it i dont think it would be strong enough to overcome the the little wing springs inside the socket. If the leftover plug doesn't spin at all then you might try a very tiny drill bit in an attempt to get the bit to bite it and hold on. I might pop the case apart and see if that plug is connected to the main board with solder or a removable plug, if the port is easily removed you may be able to get the manufacturer to send you a "plug and play" replacement. Other than that i think you may be sol.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:24 AM
aymodeler
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that solder filling the plug? Any chance there was enough current running through the plug to heat up and melt the solder? If so, then you may have an awful time getting that apart without opening the case.

Can you rotate the part of the plug that's left? If so, then you may have a good chance to drill out the solder and then work out the plug with small needle nose pliers. It looks like there is just enough sticking up that you could get the pliers on the outside (after drilling out the solder) and squeeze it down just enough to get a good grip, then re-position the pliers to pull out the plug.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:22 PM
08hondacivicsi

No it some how just broke off it wasn't plugged in or anything. It will move around I just can't get any grip to pull it out. I'm afraid to take it apart lol. I figured I wasn't the only person ever had this problem but I may haha. I really don't wanna buy a new charger
Old 07-09-2016, 04:30 AM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Find some small surgical hemostats . The have amazing grip power and you should be able to find one small enough to get in there to grap the edge that remains. E/R , docs office , maybe a dental office may have them
Old 07-09-2016, 06:39 AM
aymodeler
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 08hondacivicsi
No it some how just broke off it wasn't plugged in or anything. It will move around I just can't get any grip to pull it out. I'm afraid to take it apart lol. I figured I wasn't the only person ever had this problem but I may haha. I really don't wanna buy a new charger
In that case, if you drill out the solder, you should be able to grip it somehow. You might even be able to stick a small screwdriver in and pry it out. But with the solder in the way, there is not much to grab onto.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:13 AM
08hondacivicsi

Originally Posted by CK1
Find some small surgical hemostats . The have amazing grip power and you should be able to find one small enough to get in there to grap the edge that remains. E/R , docs office , maybe a dental office may have them
OK thanks I'll try that today.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:14 AM
08hondacivicsi

Originally Posted by aymodeler
In that case, if you drill out the solder, you should be able to grip it somehow. You might even be able to stick a small screwdriver in and pry it out. But with the solder in the way, there is not much to grab onto.
OK I will try that today. Thanks
Old 07-09-2016, 09:02 PM
ace@
My Feedback: (9)

you can try a q tip but has to be a hollow tube cut the ends off put one end in the hole with the broken piece and drop some crazy glue in the hole not alot but just enough to hold on to the piece let it dry and pull out.
Old 07-09-2016, 11:32 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Drill Baby, Drill?
Looks like some prying has already been tried!
Old 07-10-2016, 03:39 AM
canabus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try slow drilling and hope the drill grips it, or, after drilling down use a small thread tape!!!
Old 07-10-2016, 09:40 AM
CK1

After looking at it again if that is a gob of solder in there , clean and heat the threaded end of a length of 2-56 threaded rod and push the heated (red hot) end as deep into the solder as far as it will go ,holding in place untill the solder cools . The hope is the solder will melt enough to grip the threads and allow you to pull the whole piece out . You may actually be able to implement a solder iron on the 2-56 rod as close as you can to the charger to tranfer more heat into the solder .

Last edited by CK1; 07-10-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:51 PM
08hondacivicsi

It worked thanks guys. I thought I would never get it out.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:12 PM
CK1

Great job !!!!