Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Eflite battery connectors vs. everything else

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Eflite battery connectors vs. everything else

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 07:20 AM
mirwin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Eflite battery connectors vs. everything else

I primarily fly glow & gas, and I'm a real rookie when it comes to electric flight. I need some advice.

but I bought an eflite UMX Carbon Cub SS to fly at home. It uses a 180ma 2S battery with (I'm told by Horizon Hobby) an eflite plug. The battery pack has no balance wires. The model came with a small charger that supposedly also balances the 2S battery.

I want to know the condition of the battery but I can only check the voltage of the pack. That isn't good enough.

So I bought a Hyperion EOS Sentry 3. Unfortunately, there were no leads or connectors with the unit and the eflite plug doesn't fit the Sentry 3.

Hyperion has virtually no customer support so I'll probably return it to the seller. But, before I do that, I'll ask you:

Do you know of any sort of adapter that will allow me to connect this little battery to the unit?

Thanks much
Old 08-12-2016, 11:54 AM
aymodeler
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You might give RC Connectors a try: http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...index&cPath=80

I've never done business with them, but they list a bunch of adapters for the Parkzone Beast UMX, which I bet uses the same connector. If they don't have exactly what you need, you probably can make your own adapter by by buying something with a male "Parkzone" connector and something with a JST female connector and then splice the wires together (left to right one for one). As a minimum, they probably can get you pointed in the right direction ...
Old 08-12-2016, 05:01 PM
BelAirBob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can buy the charger plug adapter from Horizon. Maybe your local Hobby shop has them too

i have a EFLA700UM for an XH balance board. These are about $5-6,

The banana plugs go into charger and another plug goes in the balance board. The battery goes into the open plug...you can't mix them up if you see this. Type that part number in at the HH website and you will see what it looks like

This is one of those things that if no one ever told you, there would be no way to know

good luck

bob