Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

traxxas

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 11:27 PM
agnes-aggie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traxxas

Anyone here is a traxxas fan?I want to ask a question about their balance plug and discharge plug in one,how is it?
Old 12-07-2017, 02:16 PM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the traxxas balance plug is a standard one that will most chargers and there discharge plug works fine.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:29 AM
trax de max

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is now adaptors to change the ID plug into separate plugs but they generally sell out quick. The ID plug tied you too the ID charger. Any charger that still uses led lights to indicate the status of what's happening is a bad idea. Even cheap chargers have a display. But the plug itself is ok. But get the adaptors and a different charger.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:32 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

After all the years of building/putting together a RC kit as the "norm", the RTR side of the hobby has taken over. I don't like it. Not one bit I say. People have gotten, how should I put it, ... lazy. That's the first word, that comes to my head, to describe the read-to-run/rebuild/replace side of the hobby. Traxxas went a step farther with the ID plug. Nothing wrong with them. They just made charging LiPo batteries as simple as possible for those who wishing not to be bothered with details. The problem then comes down to paying the price for the "simplicity" of the ID equipped packs.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:35 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Oh, and by the way, I'm waiting for something in this thread to point to a brand specific battery besides Traxxas.