Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Beginners charger and battery

Old 02-25-2018, 01:42 PM
woody2425

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginners charger and battery

Right now I am debating between a 2WD Traxxas Slash and a 4WD Arrma Stenton. This will be my first RC purchase in over 15yrs and the Lithium batteries are all new to me. It is my understanding that both of the models I am considering can run 2S Lipos. I am looking more for run time and not really concerned with more power. I've dug around the internet for a few days now and it seems the possibilities are almost endless. I think I've settled on something around 2S 50C 7.4V 5000mAh range. This seems to be a sweet spot for the price, usually sub $50.00/battery.

Right now I'm looking at 2ea: Gens ace 7.4V 5000mAh 2S 50C LiPo Battery Pack HardCase with Deans T Plug for RC Car Boat Truck Roar Approved
with this charger: HTRC C240 DUO Dual Multi-Charger AC 150W/DC 240W Balance charger/discharger. (Sorry can't post URLs yet)

I like the idea of the dual charger for convenience, but as far as brand names go, I'm open to suggestions. I'd like to be able to pick up 2 batteries and a charger for around $150. Something that will work for either truck I decide on and give me decent run times.

I would appreciate any advise or suggestions to get me up and running.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:21 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I think you have planned/selected a great group of gear to purchase. I don't know a whole lot about the HTRC charger, but features look great for picking one up for around $62 shipped. I like the power distribution feature as well as the ability to check internal resistance of a pack's cells.

Some of the best places, IMO, that will inform a person to the use of LiPo batteries....http://www.rogershobbycenter.com/lipoguide/
http://www.mrpositive.co.nz/understa...ipo-batteries/
RC Resources for the beginner [Read this first]
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html
Old 02-25-2018, 03:22 PM
woody2425

Thank you. I hope these work out. I'd like to start with a decent foundation as I get back into the hobby with my children.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:52 PM
Flora

You may find it gens ace 5000 2s #10 cheaper than$50 on gens ace tattu official online shop.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:53 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I feel very confident saying HTRC has their chargers made for them by another company or companies. I believe the OEM, for the model in original post, is more than likely Ultra Power. That being said, I've owned one of Ultra Power's chargers for the past 14 months and it has been rock solid. I only wish mine had the ability to read internal resistance like the HTRC C240 DUO.

If you do decide to purchase the HTRC charger, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it...maybe start a thread on the HTRC C240 DUO charger. Maybe start thread in the RC Car General Discussions. Just a thought .

And if you do decide to get the Arrma Senton, maybe start a thread on it in RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:47 PM
woody2425

Will do, I plan on ordering everything in the next week or so, I'll post something on them when they arrive.