Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

2S1P vs. 2S2P Shorty LiPo Packs Longevity

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

2S1P vs. 2S2P Shorty LiPo Packs Longevity

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 10:11 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default 2S1P vs. 2S2P Shorty LiPo Packs Longevity

With the importance of balancing LiPo batteries, I can't wrap my head around a charger only being able to "see" two of the four cells that make up a 2S2P battery. I'm a firm believer in watching a cell's health with IR readings, and I'd prefer to buy 2S1P LiPo packs to be able to "see" what each cell is doing during the charging/discharging process. My problem is finding 2S1P shorty packs. There sure are a lot less choices out there when looking at packs with that configuration. I've looked at many threads on 2S1P vs 2S2P LiPos. I really didn't find any answers to 2S1P packs lasting any longer than 2S2P packs.

Does it matter to anyone else whether they use 2S1P, or 2S2P pack configurations?