Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Can i solder this battery wire connector to my ESC?

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Can i solder this battery wire connector to my ESC?

Old 03-30-2020, 01:33 AM
ArkCreation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can i solder this battery wire connector to my ESC?

Hi. I'm just getting into RC as a hobby and still learning.

I recently purchased an ESC and motor and noticed the power connector differs from my salvaged drone battery.

When i plug in the XT30 male to female connectors on the battery and place the wires onto the ESC power cables, it obviously powers up fine. However. The ESC cable is marked as 14 AWG and the battery cables marked at 18 AWG. If I clipped off the dean connector and soldered on the XT30, would the batter wire ( 18 AWG ) be able to handle the power the ESC is drawing from the battery?

Also, is this battery powerful enough for the 60 amp motor?

Thanks for the help

Old 03-30-2020, 12:07 PM
init4fun

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ArkCreation View Post
..... The ESC cable is marked as 14 AWG and the battery cables marked at 18 AWG......
The simple answer is , , , No !

Good ol fashioned logic should tell you that if the ESC has 14 gauge wire on it's battery side , then also your gonna need a battery similarly wired with 14 gauge wire .

Play "mix and match" with different rated parts at your own peril !

, Now , aren't you glad you asked ?