Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Battery plug won't fit??

Old 05-18-2020, 10:49 AM
voyager_663rd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery plug won't fit??

Just got some (new to me) A123 batts to replace my aged Nicd and NiMH. As it's a deans/T plug, it needed an adapter extention to be able to connect with my existing power switch.

BUT it doesn't fit! It's a silly mm too big to fit in the switch plug. I needed to shave the side off of the empty third slot on the extention to get it to fit. I will fill that small slot with some silicone to firm it up and then heat shrink it but still......

This ext was supplied by the retailer and not made by me.

The ext is new but the switch is ~15 yr old--but works fine with my NiMH batteries.

I've got 8 ext and all the same. Production issue?
Old 05-18-2020, 11:00 PM
GT2rider

Can you post a pic of it?
Old 05-19-2020, 04:58 AM
voyager_663rd

Already trimmed the ext plug to fit. And now it does. Just getting some silicone today to fill the 3-sided hole that happened after I filed it down (pretty thin so it didn't take much to take too much off). Purposely did it on the empty socket side so no damage to the pins themselves.

It looks exactly like any normal male/female plug except it's like 1/2mm too big to fit. Picture would show nothing.

I tried all 8 ext I have and none fit in that one particular switch plug. BUT then I tried the ext in a different plug switch (diff plane) and it fits with no alteration. Maybe because the first switch was old BUT then why would a "new" nimh plug fit?

Consider this issue resolved.

Thanks.