Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Need Advice

Old 05-26-2020, 04:46 AM
Keber34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice

Can you help me with this issue. I am new to the hobby and purchased an EV-Peak Duo Lipo Battery Balance Charger and (2) HRB 5000mah 11.1v 50C lipo batteries. Tried setting up the charger to the correct settings and begin charging. Few seconds into the charge I get a CELL VOLTAGE ERROR on both displays and charger stops charging. Did some research online and found a method of disconnecting the balance plug and charging on NiMH for 2 minutes should solve this problem. Tried it and after the 2 minutes I reconnect the balance plug change the settings back to Lipo Balance Charge and try again. Unfortunately get the same error message. Each battery shows 3.7v per cell and can charge them individually at 4amp but not together. Amazon.com, where i purchased them from, will accept a refund/return until June 1.

Would an experienced R/C owner try something else or return then batteries and/or charger?

Thanks,
Old 05-27-2020, 06:47 PM
RustyUs

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I would check the continuity of the balance leads.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:42 PM
shahzad haider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keber34 View Post
Can you help me with this issue. I am new to the hobby and purchased an EV-Peak Duo Lipo Battery Balance Charger and (2) HRB 5000mah 11.1v 50C lipo batteries. Tried setting up the charger to the correct settings and begin charging. Few seconds into the charge I get a CELL VOLTAGE ERROR on both displays and charger stops charging. Did some research online and found a method of disconnecting the balance plug and charging on NiMH for 2 minutes should solve this problem. Tried it and after the 2 minutes I reconnect the balance plug change the settings back to Lipo Balance Charge and try again. Unfortunately get the same error message. Each battery shows 3.7v per cell and can charge them individually at 4amp but not together. Amazon.com, where i purchased them from, will accept a refund/return until June 1.

Would an experienced R/C owner try something else or return then batteries and/or charger?

Thanks,
Your lipo battery is bad.