Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Can you recommend a 2s lipo shorty battery and charger for me?

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Can you recommend a 2s lipo shorty battery and charger for me?

Old 06-29-2020, 09:42 PM
Clodbusterfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you recommend a 2s lipo shorty battery and charger for me?

Can anyone recommend a 2s shorty lipo battery for my eb410 and the cheapest charger out there thats not junk. This will be my only lipo vehicle for awhile so dont want to spend much on the charger. I want a long run times most of all out of my battery! Thanks guys!

Last edited by Clodbusterfan; 06-29-2020 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:57 AM
RustyUs

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm assuming you will want an AC/DC charger to plug into household outlets.Cheap and not junk? Well, a person can interpret that in different ways.
For a single output charger, I'd recommend something like an HOTA H6 Pro. Product page is HERE. Banggood has, or had, a promo price of $79.
If I was a gambling man, then it would be the HTRC C150

For a battery, a
Zeee 2S 7.4V 100C 5000mAh Shorty Zeee 2S 7.4V 100C 5000mAh Shorty
gets my pick. I run the 4600mAh version in my ET410 and will normally stop my runs after 12 minutes...cells will generally be at/around 3.75v. All depends on driving style and motor.

Last edited by RustyUs; 06-30-2020 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:23 PM
Sunsanvil

Originally Posted by RustyUs View Post
If I was a gambling man, then it would be the HTRC C150
What makes that one a gamble? Are their counterfeit ones or something?

Old 07-02-2020, 09:28 AM
RustyUs

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I would classify the HTRC chargers more on the lower~mid end of the scale when it comes to quality. If, I know they do rebranding for other companies, Ultra Power is the OEM for the charger, their components (mainly internal power supply) are lacking in quality. This is just from my personal experience with another charger's power supply giving up after one year of use. Which was no biggie for me, as I had just bought a server power supply to convert to RC use, and power both of my chargers on DC current.

The C150 would be a good gamble, for the price, in my book. I'm at the point, in the hobby, where I know what I want from my chargers. Having a higher balance current above 1500mA, for the CV part of charging, is what I look for nowadays. I believe the C150 is only specified at 500mA for balancing.
Old 07-05-2020, 09:04 AM
Sunsanvil

I'm really liking the look of that HOTA H6 Pro. Seems like a great feature set for a good price.Whats their reputation for quality and/or accuracy? After seeing the videos of counterfeit Imax B6s (and how they can be far enough off as to systemically overcharge batteries), I'm now questioning everything...