Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Lipo battery

Old 07-03-2020, 12:35 PM
Chappers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo battery

So I have a new 5000mAh 7.6v 120c 2 cell and fly RC charger, I charged my battery yesterday and it was fine I charged it twice, but I came to charge it today and my charger came up with connection break, the charger has a battery meter and is reading out main:4.62v I've ordered a new t plug connector for the charger to see if that makes any difference but if there is anything I need to know can someone let me know
​​​​​​
​​​​​
Old 07-04-2020, 08:48 PM
ticedoff8

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the main discharge port reads 4.62v on a 2S packs, one of the cell may have died, or both cells have over discharged.
The fully discharged voltage for a 2S LiPo should be around 7.2v (3.6v per cell). Anything less means something has failed.
Make sure you use the balancer port on the charger when ever you charge a multi-cell pack.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:41 AM
RustyUs

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Check solder connections on charge lead.