Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

HTRC C240: How do I connect 1S LIPO, NIMH batteries? 0.8 amp discharge only?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

HTRC C240: How do I connect 1S LIPO, NIMH batteries? 0.8 amp discharge only?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 01:25 PM
Garrick2020

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HTRC C240: How do I connect 1S LIPO, NIMH batteries? 0.8 amp discharge only?

Just received my HTRC C240 charger and have several questions not covered in the documentation or any review videos I can find.
1) How do I attach a 1S battery for charging? It claims LiPo Batteries 1S-6S but the balance battery-board has ports for 2S-6S. (eg 1S LIPO for a MCX2 micro helicopter).

2) It claims to charge 1-15 cell NIMH batteries. I have a DX8 with an original 4.8v NIMH as shown in the image below. (New user, can't post an image...). I'm not sure of the proper name of that white connector; what is the 2-pin connector called? How do I connect this Spektrum battery to the C240 to discharge/charge/cycle it? There are no 2-pin ports or adapters.

3) Why does it discharge LiPo's at 0.8-amps? The box clearly says "Discharge-current 2.0Amps x2 channels". Tried multiple 3S 2200mAh, 25C Floureon and 35C Zeee, LiPo's in both channels, using 'Discharge' and 'Storage Charge' modes. The program setup-screen allows for a choice of 0.1 - 2.0 Amps. Once you hit [Play] it runs at 0.8amps and takes 2.5 hours to discharge these batteries. Can someone explain why, and how to fix?

Thank you.

Old 09-27-2020, 03:57 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

You will have to make/buy an adaptor to plug your 1 cell pack into the main output of the charger. The balance ports are for batteries with more than one cell.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:35 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

That charger's discharge power is 10 watts for each channel.
Watts = Amps x Volts
0.8 Amps x 12.6 Volts = 10.08 Watts

Amps = Watts/Volts

10 Watts / 12.6 Volts = 0.7936507936507937 Amps

Discharging takes a lot of resistance and is usually transferred into wasted energy...HEAT. There is most likely not enough room in the charger for the resistors needed to discharge faster. Even if there was, the heat would be too great. When you are discharging, I'm sure you hear the charger's fans kick on, and ramp up quickly...it's trying to get rid of that wasted energy (heat). You will need to invest in a separate discharger, or build one to get greater discharging power.