Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

LiPo battery configuration question

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

LiPo battery configuration question

Old 02-05-2021, 01:11 AM
Mad Monk Mort

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LiPo battery configuration question

Hello gang!
So I have numerous different models of trucks and cars. Due to this, I have both saddle pack and stick pack batteries. I thought to myself one day that I ~should~ be able to use my saddle packs in my stick pack vehicles since they were using the same 2C 7.2V config, with only a minor difference in mAh. However, when I hooked them up, the vehicle would not power up. I put them back in my saddle pack buggy to confirm they were charged and not faulty, and it turned right on! So I put a charged up stick into the crawler to make sure it wasn't having issues, and it turned right on! I have not tried to hook up a stick pack to the electronics in the buggy to see if it would turn on, as that would require making another wiring harness, and a pointless one at that, as the stick battery will never mount in the buggy.
Anyway, do any of you have any thoughts on why my saddle pack won't power up my crawler?
Thanks,
Mort
P.S. Yes, I triple checked for correct polarity when I hooked up the batteries.
Old 02-07-2021, 04:33 AM
RustyUs

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad Monk Mort View Post
Hello gang!
So I have numerous different models of trucks and cars. Due to this, I have both saddle pack and stick pack batteries. I thought to myself one day that I ~should~ be able to use my saddle packs in my stick pack vehicles since they were using the same 2C 7.2V config, with only a minor difference in mAh. However, when I hooked them up, the vehicle would not power up. I put them back in my saddle pack buggy to confirm they were charged and not faulty, and it turned right on! So I put a charged up stick into the crawler to make sure it wasn't having issues, and it turned right on! I have not tried to hook up a stick pack to the electronics in the buggy to see if it would turn on, as that would require making another wiring harness, and a pointless one at that, as the stick battery will never mount in the buggy.
Anyway, do any of you have any thoughts on why my saddle pack won't power up my crawler?
Thanks,
Mort
P.S. Yes, I triple checked for correct polarity when I hooked up the batteries.
The indicated bold words would be the first place I'd check.