Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Futaba Charger TX Not Lighting Up Or Charging.

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Futaba Charger TX Not Lighting Up Or Charging.

Old 11-23-2021, 06:08 PM
GhostriderBravo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Futaba Charger TX Not Lighting Up Or Charging.

I have a FUTABA Model FBC-19B(4) charger. When I plug it up to charge my Receiver battery and my Transmitter battery the RX light comes on but the TX light does not. How do I check the TX lead to make sure the TX lead doesn't have a short in it. The RX side is charging but the TX side is not.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:58 AM
ticedoff8

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostriderBravo
I have a FUTABA Model FBC-19B(4) charger. When I plug it up to charge my Receiver battery and my Transmitter battery the RX light comes on but the TX light does not. How do I check the TX lead to make sure the TX lead doesn't have a short in it. The RX side is charging but the TX side is not.
The first thing I'd do is use a Volt/Ohm meter (DVM) to measure the voltage at the end of the charger that plugs into the TX. Don't assume the problem is in the transmitter. If there is 0V DC, change the meter to AC and measure again. If there is 0v DC but you measure an AC voltage, that means the charger is bad (a diode has shorted). Then you need to replace the charger.
If the charger checks out OK, the you should open the TX and check the internal wiring of the TX. If any wires from the charging jack to the battery / charging circuit are broken / open, then the charger's voltage / current is not getting to the battery, and without current flowing, the LED in the charger is not lighting up. You can use the Ohm meter part of the DVM to check for continuity of the wires and solder points.
Finally, use the volt meter to check the voltage of the battery pack and its individual cells. If you have 0v on the pack of one of the individual cells, it may be time to replace it.