Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Best high end high performance batteries.

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Best high end high performance batteries.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 02:10 AM
Knight4444

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best high end high performance batteries.

Just curious what everyone else is using for very high discharge applications. Running all 6s jets with packs between 5000 and 600.

Best if the nest I've found for performance and weight has been the gen aces 100c 6s 6000mah packs. Looks like they aren't making them anymore though. they are pricey though

Next inline is the admiral 50c 6s 6000 pack. So much heavier than the gen ace but works wonderfully in my eflite viper 90mm. Just its a heavy pack, almost 2 pounds.

What is everyone else using thats a good cost good performance option.
Old 06-09-2022, 09:44 PM
ticedoff8

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

There is no such thing as a "high end" hobby grade LiPo distributor. And there are only about 3 hobby grade LiPo battery cell manufacturers.
The best thing to start with is one of these: The official new ESR/IR Mark II meter thread – NB: READ THE FIRST 10 POSTS - RC Groups
The best to really learn about LiPo battery used in your hobby grade toys is here: Complete Guide to LiPo Batteries and Failure Reports - Part II. - RC Groups
The best place to research your actual question is here: Some company announces groundbreaking new battery - again. - RC Groups
But, look in this thread and search for your brand and size of choice and see what the the lab guys found vs. what the distributor claimed: Battery Load Test Comparisons - RC Groups
Old 06-10-2022, 02:28 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Knight4444
....a good cost good performance option.
Does not compute, , , , good cost and good performance are, unfortunately, mutually exclusive......
Old 06-10-2022, 03:27 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

LOL yea, no kidding.
Quality, performance, price, pick any 2
The following users liked this post:
init4fun (08-02-2022)