Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Lipo battery adaptor

Old 08-20-2022, 08:35 AM
nanokem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo battery adaptor

Hi all
I've just purchased a new model with all components (motor, ESC, servos etc) preinstalled. The connector on the ESC is a XT60. All my batteries connectors are bullet type. Normally I would change the connector on the ESC to suit my batteries. However, access to the ESC for removal of XT60 and soldering on my new bullet connectors is very tight.
I was thinking of making a short adaptor (2" - 3" long)...one end to fit ESC's XT60 and the other for my standard bullet battery connectors. This would then stay connected to the ESC in the plane.
Am I likely to notice any big changes in using this adaptor? I don't fly high performance planes, just gentle flying around.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by nanokem; 08-20-2022 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-20-2022, 10:40 AM
A. J. Clark

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Shouldn't be any problem. Should be able to find some that are premade.
Old 08-20-2022, 12:30 PM
ticedoff8

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by nanokem View Post
Hi all
I've just purchased a new model with all components (motor, ESC, servos etc) preinstalled. The connector on the ESC is a XT60. All my batteries connectors are bullet type. Normally I would change the connector on the ESC to suit my batteries. However, access to the ESC for removal of XT60 and soldering on my new bullet connectors is very tight.
I was thinking of making a short adaptor (2" - 3" long)...one end to fit ESC's XT60 and the other for my standard bullet battery connectors. This would then stay connected to the ESC in the plane.
Am I likely to notice any big changes in using this adaptor? I don't fly high performance planes, just gentle flying around.
Thanks in advance.
Have you looked at sites like RC Buddy for that adapter? Assuming the adapter is decent quality, it will not have any negative effect.
Old 08-22-2022, 12:29 PM
Charlie P.

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

80% of my electric powered models use an adapter. Never got around to standardizing a connector and every ESC mfg has their own ideas on style. Lately I have been purchasing Venom LiPos that come with four patterns - XT-60 plus Deans, EC3 and Tamiya “tips”.

I keep an “adapter box” in my flight gear.

Last edited by Charlie P.; 08-22-2022 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:12 PM
Joseph Frost

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

I make adapters to suit every scenario, comming handy at times even to help fellow flyers.

Always coming handy.