Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Lithium Ion protection

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2022, 02:26 PM
Srbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lithium Ion protection

I'm just making up a bunch of 18650 lithium ion packs, but was looking to add some protection between the cells and the shrink wrap. The old Fox tech packsI have use a .4mm fiberglass (like G10) plate on the ends and a .2mm wrap around the body of the pack. Anyone know where you can find this stuff? I used the same material for skinning jet wings way back in the day. Could be the most challenging thing I've tried to find googling lol! Well, unless you want to buy hundreds of meters from China. I'd post a picture, but RCU says I can't post an URL until I've may 10 posts... I've posted thousands of times and it's a jpg, what's up with that?

The following users liked this post:
Cecil Webb (09-17-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 04:19 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Try searching for Micarta or Garolite or FR4 sheets. I find 1/32” (0.0315”)
The following users liked this post:
Cecil Webb (09-17-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 09:29 PM
Srbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! I didn't think it could be a metric thing. Now, why is it more than carbon sheets lol!