Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Spektrum Smart Charger - Battery Not Detected

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Spektrum Smart Charger - Battery Not Detected

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2023, 11:13 PM
Robert Willis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spektrum Smart Charger - Battery Not Detected

I have four Spektrum 5000ma 4S Smart Batteries and three of them are generating a "No Battery Detected" on my Spektrum Smart Chargers. The batteries have been in storage for about a year and only have about 6 charge / discharge cycles on them. Is there any way to recover these batteries? They are being used in a LOSI 1/5 scale buggy.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:27 PM
ticedoff8

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Willis
I have four Spektrum 5000ma 4S Smart Batteries and three of them are generating a "No Battery Detected" on my Spektrum Smart Chargers. The batteries have been in storage for about a year and only have about 6 charge / discharge cycles on them. Is there any way to recover these batteries? They are being used in a LOSI 1/5 scale buggy.
What is the voltage on the main leads?
If the batteries show less than 12v, the batteries may be toast. If the main lead voltage is too low, then no charger will start a charge cycle.
Plus, the SmartBatteries have a Battery Management Circuit inside that is supposed to take care of the battery pack and communicate with the Smartcharger. So, if the output voltage is okay, the BMC may be toast.
Call Horizon Hobby and ask them.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:41 PM
Robert Willis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was able to recover the battery by using a non-smart charger to bring the voltage up. Once this was done, I switched to the Spektrum Smart Charger to charge them.
Old 02-04-2023, 05:07 PM
ticedoff8

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Willis
I was able to recover the battery by using a non-smart charger to bring the voltage up. Once this was done, I switched to the Spektrum Smart Charger to charge them.
If you discharged them to the point where the Smart Charger didn't detect them, I would start budgeting for new batteries.