Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Multi port chargers

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 03:45 PM
SDR-Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multi port chargers

Let’s hear all the options available for multi port chargers. Here’s the ones I know of:

Litco- Just can’t seem to win that lottery.

Minron- I like this one, only if there was a way to program out the automatic cycle mode.

Hobbico- A search here on RCU concludes that too many people have smoked packs and almost the shop with this system.

Others?
Old 10-13-2003, 05:08 PM
radray

Default RE: Multi port chargers

Schulze and Sirius
Old 10-13-2003, 05:27 PM
GJr.
My Feedback: (3)

Charge + by Hughes RC, 4 port charger.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:48 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Orinoco?

http://www.aareva.com/Products/Orinoco/index.html

Vapor as it hasn't been released yet.

Could be interesting. Nicad/NIMH/Li-Po/Li-Ion, 4 ports, able to deliver 16A per port? Either this is a case of creative writing or its a typo.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:44 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Hmmmm. Very interesting. I'm not sure why this bothers me so much, but I went through this with the Miniron Aerographixs (sp?) is selling. The 16amps per port that they talk about is a total output for the charger (if I read that right). i.e. it will only put out 16A's from one port at a time... or, in this chargers case, 4amps per port if using all of them to their max.

Now, I know that is a LOT of power and it's very impressive, I just think it's a little misleading for them to type 16amps per port.

Similarly to the Miniron. It was said it could charge at 2amps per port and it has 5 ports. Now while on the surface this is true, I think it leads people (or I'm the only one) to think it can charge at that rate from each port simultaneously. It can't. Only one at a time at that rate. It's still a nice piece equipment from what I've read.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:59 PM
roger- Michigan

I had one called the Super Brain 969, from MRC, I think. Tower has them for $99.

I didn't like it though.

Mainly while it does charge/discharge, I couldn't find a way to have it cycle (like I can set for the Triton -- discharge then charge, or vice versa.

Second, and my biggest complaint -- even though you can set most (maybe all) of the charging parameters, since there is no memory on the charger, once you disconnect power, the charger loses your settings and you have to start all over with making your custom settings.

And while I'm on a roll, I think one of the port only charges -- can't discharge as an option on that port.

For my money, at $129, I'm very happy with the Triton. By the way, I have the Hobbico MKII, and for a quick field charger, it works well for me. $50 isn't a bad price to have a spare charger in the car when you need it.

Roger