Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Prophet Plus Charger info

Old 01-26-2004, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prophet Plus Charger info

Got a phophet plus recently to change my R/C car batteries. It worked fine until this wkend. Now it won't charge any batteries.When I plug in a discharged battery, it 'reads' it as charged. The unit beeps after 10/15 seconds as if the battery is fully charged. This is for all my batteries. I know they are discharged because the cars stop running. Is there any sort of reset button? I have checked the fuses. They are fine.
Any ideas?
Thanks
don
Old 01-27-2004, 05:43 PM
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Prophet Plus Charger info

It sounds bad , how about trying on dc once and see if it works?
Old 02-27-2006, 11:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Prophet Plus Charger info

I recently got a Prophet Plus, as well. I was charging a 4 cell 3000mAh pack at the 1 amp setting and getting so,so results. Beeped when it was charged (around 35 min), and had some decent run times. The problem came when I went to charge a 6 cell 3000mAh pack at the 1 amp setting. It did the same thing pickster's was doing. It would beep after a few seconds like the pack was charged.

I switched it to the 4 amp setting this time (as stated in the chargers manual) and it seems to be charging the 6 cell OK as it didn't beep quickly.

Should I be charging the 4 cell pack at 4 amps? What is a Sub-C Car pack?

Thanks.

EDIT: I disconnected the charger from the 6 cell pack after about 15 min at 4 amps!. It and the charger both got warm and started creating an odor (like the electric burning smell). Fear of an electrical fire got the better of me(or an exploded battery)! Am I just paranoid?