Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

How frequently to cycle batteries in winter?

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

How frequently to cycle batteries in winter?

Old 12-15-2001, 05:44 AM
Skycam41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How frequently to cycle batteries in winter?

Up here in the "Great White North" my planes are mostly stored in my igloo and do not see any use untill the Polar bears dissapear Consequently I wonder how frequently the batteries should be cycled and in what state to store them (drained or fully charged). Any suggestions?
Cheers
Mike
Old 12-16-2001, 04:21 AM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Red Scholefield (one of this forum's moderators) has quite a handle on batteries, and provides us novices with a website to reference when such a question appears. It's helped me, and I'm sure has some information to help you.

The Battery Clinic

I've been convinced to pulse charge my batteries year round. Cycling is another story, and one that I'm still up in the air about. I look forward to reading some of the answers about cycling procedures myself.
Old 12-17-2001, 01:39 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Originally posted by Plane Insane
Red Scholefield (one of this forum's moderators) has quite a handle on batteries, and provides us novices with a website to reference when such a question appears. It's helped me, and I'm sure has some information to help you.

The Battery Clinic

I've been convinced to pulse charge my batteries year round. Cycling is another story, and one that I'm still up in the air about. I look forward to reading some of the answers about cycling procedures myself.
Just unplug your packs for the winter and don't worry about it. When it is time to fly again slow charge, cycle once for capacity check and you are set for the season. During your flying season a once a month cycle to check for capacity is recommended.
Old 12-24-2001, 11:28 PM
FIVESQUARE
Banned

Default RED a QUESTION

What is your opinion of the Sirius pro charger, and how should it be used for proper battery life and care??
Thanks for your reply
Old 01-03-2002, 03:17 AM
BAS
My Feedback: (28)

Default Sirius pro charger

Just plug it in to 12 volt source or get the a/c adapter and it hook you r batt packs up receiver or transmitter you cant ruin the packs if you hook them up backwards the charger has built in protection . The charger doesnt have a lot of bells and whistles that you dont need. It chargers using the pulse type charge> I have packs now that are 3 years old and that is the only charger i ever use. The packs all show 90 to over 100% capicity. Pro charger recentily has had a upgrade you want to make sure you get the newest edition . If you have a older one it will cost you around 30 bucks for the upgrade.