Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

hobbico Elite dual charging??

Old 01-19-2005, 10:04 PM
rudder fludder
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hobbico Elite dual charging??

The Elite says it will only charge one memory at a time???????? Well of course i tried to charge two differnt batteries on two diff. memories/votages and it seems to work.... the screen confirms the batteries and voltages.... Does it work like this or is the computer saying one thing and giving me false voltages??
Anybody else tried this?? HELP thanks in advance..my new email adress is [email protected]
Old 01-20-2005, 08:14 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: hobbico Elite dual charging??

Hmm... I use 2 different memories all the time
Old 01-20-2005, 08:30 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah they made a big mistake saying that they can't do 2 different memories in their manual. It does two different memories perfectly, I do it all the time. The read outs you are getting are accurate. It's a great charger.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

We had this discussion a couple of months back.
It looks like the manual was written before the final software version was installed.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:23 PM
rudder fludder
My Feedback: (17)

Thanks guys! .. for a person like me who nevers reads instruction..the red lights were going off, when I seen the no separte memory charges.. I got saftey conscious after I blew up a lithium ion in my garage...oops.. I used a Tekin Bc67 non lipo charger for a month carefully timing and temp probiing and stopping charge at 8.44 on a two cell.... having a blast flying a P-51 3d plane i designed..all wood ..no foam junk.."
Got busy w/building/flying a plane and forgot to check... then kaboom!!!!!!!!!!! I had a cool balistic missle "airshow "in my garage. It actually made
two laps in a 32' length..could hardly see the other end threw the smoke!!
right away i bought the Elite..triton was nice but wanted something a little better..
Im a believer now... USE common sence with lypos/lithiums.. dont do like me and play w/fire!

Dont forget to have FUN!