Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Litco Lottery

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 11:28 PM
Cleared4Crash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Litco Lottery

Wow, what an interesting series of posts on the Litco man and his company.

What did you all do before he decided to start producing these things? Not fly?

Is everyone buying his chargers actively competing in national events? Are all his customers giant scale guys?

How many people are just buying them and using only 10% of the features of the product? How many bought it just so they can say they got an Alpha?

How many weekend flyers are using this charger? It seems like some people are using a "flamethrower to light a candle" approach when considering what their needs are.

Does anyone here know this guy personally and what his attitude is?

These are just questions that popped into my head as I read the posts.

Obviously he is a "basement manufacturer" and fills a demand at his own pace. I'm sure he could expand production or job a bunch of it out if he wanted to. But maybe he likes being "in control of everything" as many small business owners are like. Apparently he is satisfied with his system, and as long as the checks keep rolling in, that's what he will continue to do until he retires or sells the operation to someone else.

Hiring one person locally to handle administrative stuff and setting up credit card processing, and sales tax collection is not at all difficult. Maybe he is too cheap. Maybe he doesn't trust anyone. Who knows.

There are small companies that a run as efficiently as larger organizations and then there are "hobbyist types" who don't want to deal with all the administrative stuff. He appears to be the latter.

No, I don't own one. And I'm glad he has found a niche market and has been able to sell these.

There are numerous businesses with retail locations that have extremely poor customer service and yet somehow manage to survive for a long time.

Litco has the advantage of really good word of mouth advertising for his product, continued customer demand for it, and apparently no competition that equals it as perceived by the users.

So he can set the rules of the game...kind of like Microsoft. :-O

Just my thoughts on this topic.

Happy New Year All
:-)
Old 12-29-2002, 10:26 PM
KevinSheen

Default Litco Lottery

Did anyone else see the Alpha 4 sell on e-bay last night for just over $200? In the past these sold for well over the new price. I think the free market has caught up to Peter, but he had a good run for quite a while there.

I wonder if he will sink some R&D money into updating the A4? I've always enjoyed mine and probably will for some time to come but it is also a welcome sight to see the Triton's, updated Hobbico charges, etc hit the market.

Kevin
Old 12-30-2002, 12:30 PM
lennyk
My Feedback: (12)

Default Litco Lottery

One sold on the 15th for $425
Old 12-30-2002, 02:11 PM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Litco Lottery

I have a commitment for my slot on the Alpha 4.

Thanks
Vince