Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

10X transmitter pack

Old 06-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Andy540T
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10X transmitter pack

Does anyone know of a large capacity Nimh pack or a Lipo pack for the JR 10x? I know Duralite makes one, but to buy the pack and charger when I already own the Fromeco charger seems wastefull.

Thanks

Andy
Old 06-11-2005, 01:50 AM
gunny11
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: 10X transmitter pack

NoBS Batteries now has the largest Ni-metal packs for Tx's. 2500 mAh (fly all day long on your computer radios.

Check em' out at www.hangtimes.com

Gunny

Old 06-11-2005, 08:59 AM
Andy540T
My Feedback: (9)

That looks great, but does anyone sell the batterys with the cartridge already assembled? I would like to retain my old pack as a spare.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:32 AM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

The cheapest battey pack is to make you own the way you want it. $20 -8 2500 nimh cells.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:33 AM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

Don't worry about the spare.. the NoBS has so much capacity you will NEVER need to worry about carrying a spare. I have gone 2 weeks between charges on my 10x. The cartridge conversion took about 5 minutes.

Duralite makes a Li-Ion cartridge, they are about $120 though. The empty cartridges are made by JR exclusively and cost $50 so the spare route is expensive.

If you want a spare, I would suggest looking on the marketplace or Ebay, once in a while they show up there.

Unless you have a tab welder, home made battery packs save money, but they are prone to failure of the solder joints. Besides - who wants a $20 pack in a $1000 radio flying a $3000 plane ??

I used to tell my racing students - got a $50 head?? Buy a $50 helmet.

Unless you fly park flyers, and planes you don't really care too much about - I'de let the pro's assemble the RX and TX packs. Motor packs and R/C car packs however - home made is the only way to go.. the off the shelf packs will put you in the poor house.. !

DP