Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Li-Poly question---discharged too low?

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Li-Poly question---discharged too low?

Old 06-11-2005, 03:42 PM
paul_c
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Li-Poly question---discharged too low?

Guys, I have an Electrifly 720 mah 2-cell Li-Poly pack. I normally charge this with a Sirius Lithium charger. Went to connect it today, and it won't recognize that the battery is plugged in. I noticed that I had left the switch in the "ON" position after flying last time. Can you run these batteries down this way? I know my Sirius charger needs about 0.5 mah to recognize that a battery is present and connected. If you can destroy a battery this way, I'd be very disappointed.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:51 AM
smokingcrater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Li-Poly question---discharged too low?

what is the voltage? yes you probably destroyed the battery, anything below 3.0 volts/cell resting and the battery is either damaged or will have a very short life.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:18 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 339 Likes on 271 Posts
Default RE: Li-Poly question---discharged too low?

You probably have a very attractive paper weight. But hey, I have good news, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.