Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

polyquest charging

Old 11-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Mayday!Mayday!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polyquest charging

Hello All, I have a 20c 3s 2100mAh Polyquest lipo and the guy at the LHS told me I can charge it on the discharge side no problem. I was told only to charge on the pcm side and only with a pcm adapter for polyquest. Has anyone charged on the discharge side? Would it be ok to do so? Sorry for the questions just want my ducks in a row. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:31 AM
Trogdor the Burninator

Default RE: polyquest charging

Anyone who has charged a lipo without a balancer circuit or other gizmo has charged through the discharge side... perfectly fine. Maybe a bit better using their attachment because it'll keep individual cells in the proper voltage range but certainly not mandatory.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: polyquest charging

ORIGINAL: Trogdor the Burninator

Anyone who has charged a lipo without a balancer circuit or other gizmo has charged through the discharge side... perfectly fine. Maybe a bit better using their attachment because it'll keep individual cells in the proper voltage range but certainly not mandatory.
Balancer circuit can be easily replicated by making up a balancing jig to enable you to check the voltage of each cell and charge if necessary to bring it into balance.
Pure Hobby www.purehobby.com offers the multi-pin connector that Polyquest uses and the one to mate with it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92228.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	352816