Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Question about charger/maintainer

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Question about charger/maintainer

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 06:58 PM
kbkranz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about charger/maintainer

Hello all!
I have a Schumacher 1.5 amp charger/ maintainer that I purchased to keep my auto type battery topped off. It's supposed to automatically keep my battery fully charged. My question; is it O.K. (safe) to use this on the gel cell in my flight box also??
Thanks Kev
Old 11-14-2005, 08:26 PM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Question about charger/maintainer

logansport indiana right by twelve mile the home of the 12 mile 500. I would think only for short times. would i leave that big of a charger hooked up? just checked my charger it is tower hobbies and 600 mah. i only charge the flight box battery about every other time i go out to fly. and sometimes i think that is to much. I guess the short answer would be i would bet the trickle charge would over charge it and kill it. Do i have scientific proof? no only a guess

Do you fly off of U.S.31 by the big rocking chair behind the air force base?
Dennis
Old 11-15-2005, 03:55 AM
kbkranz

Dennis:
Thanks for your reply. I kinda figured so, but thought I'd ask. No I don't fly over by the base. I actually fly about half way between 12 Mile and Logan.
Thanks Kev
Old 11-15-2005, 05:51 AM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If this is your battery maintainer http://www.batterychargers.com/detai...rodid=SE-1-12S
Charge your gell cell with the wall wart that came with it and then use the battery maintainer. It will keep the gel cell in perfect shape.

John
Old 11-15-2005, 05:26 PM
kbkranz

John:
Yep that is the charger and thanks for the reply. I wasn't quite sure if the chemistry was different in the gel cell and the auto battery or not. I'll give it a go.
Thanks Kev
Old 11-21-2005, 05:41 PM
balsabuster2003

I've been charging my 7aH gel cell 12v with a battery maintainer. Battery 3 yr, 4 months old and still going strong.