Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

JR 10x Transmitter pack vs. polyswitch

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

JR 10x Transmitter pack vs. polyswitch

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 09:54 AM
jonlowe
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 10x Transmitter pack vs. polyswitch

Both of my 10x TX packs have the blown charging fuses jumped with a wire, since they were apparently blown before I acquired them. I'd like to install a polyswitch like the latest Futabas to provide for resettable protection. I noticed that Radio South sells the switches at a reasonable price. Anyone see a problem with doing this? I understand that I just solder in the polyswitch in place of the fuse, and don't have to worry about any polarity, correct?

Thanks.

Jon Lowe
Old 12-16-2005, 10:54 AM
staggerwing
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR 10x Transmitter pack vs. polyswitch

Jon, I have changed two of my 10x pack from fuse to polyswitch without any problems. Just remove the jumper and solder across the blown fuse. I've had no problems since I made the change a couple of years ago.

Rich
AD9V

-------------------------

Wyoming Wind Festival Jan 1 to Dec 31