Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Extending battery life for Revo?

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Extending battery life for Revo?

Old 01-25-2006, 12:08 AM
Config

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extending battery life for Revo?

I recently bought a Traxxas Revo and am extremely pleased with it in every way except the receiver/servo battery life. I followed the 'first charge' instructions to the letter and I can BARELY get 3 tanks of gas out of my Revo before the receiver batteries die (about 30-45 minutes). Does anyone have any tips to help prolong the battery life of it's stock 6V 1100mah 5C battery pack? If this is the common life of this battery for the Revo, what would be some options that I can persue for a replacement pack? Would a 6V 3800mah battery pack last longer and not damage any of my internal electronics?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-cfg
Old 01-26-2006, 12:02 AM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Extending battery life for Revo?

I am going out on a shaky limb buut.

Bad charger or set at wrong settings.
Servos are fighting the loads they drive. Steering and throttle should have LESS than 1 or 2 ounces of resistance for the full strokes.

You have a bad pack
Old 01-26-2006, 06:49 PM
Config

Right now I'm just using the charger that came with the Revo. I plan on getting a much better charger this weekend for charging my Revo's battery and other battery packs. I did notice that when I was tuning my Revo last night that my steering servos are buzzing and ticking a lot for no reason (controller not being operated in any way), so hopefully fixing this will help with the battery life.

-cfg
Old 01-26-2006, 11:06 PM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you found your battery run down problem with the steering servo noise. Check the stroke ease by unhooking the clevis at the servo.
Should be bent and binding linkage.
Make it smooth again.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 02-15-2006, 02:04 AM
Config

Just as a follow-up, I bought a new charger and now my battery lasts for an extremely long time. It was just the stock charger that comes with the Revo that wasn't giving the battery a good charging. Even after fixing my twitching servos, the battery still didn't last more then 2 - 3 tanks when charged with the stock charger.

Now my new charger actually makes the battery warm and pumps power into it for more then 30 minutes before going into a trickle charge mode.

-cfg