Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Help about charging Associated battery.

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Help about charging Associated battery.

Old 02-14-2006, 06:01 PM
EtnieSk8r3000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help about charging Associated battery.

I have a Associated Reedy battery And i dont have a charger.how whould i get .5 amps to charge the battery.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:33 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help about charging Associated battery.

The only way I know is to get a battery charger that will deliver .5 amps.

I'm sure an electrical guru would be able to use something and do it, but not me.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:21 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help about charging Associated battery.

After a short Google search I came up with an 1100 mAh NiMh battery pack. This has been a recommended an an excellent inexpensive charger.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...5&I=LXCLD5&P=K You need to do some reading on batteries. One source I use is Red's Battery Clinic. www.rcbatteryclinic.com/

You should also form this pack at a C/10 rate for 14 to 16 hours. "C" is the manufctures rating of the packs capacity. In this case for an 1100 mAh pack it would be 110 mA charge. You can do this best with a constant current charger like these that are sold by NoBs Batteries in the charging section in the middle of the page. www.hangtimes.com/nobsbatteries.html CH96 High Output System Slow Charger 120/180ma $18.00 or something similar as that one is out of stock presently.

John