Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

I wonder how to charge this battery

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

I wonder how to charge this battery

Old 02-15-2006, 01:17 PM
bldrums

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wonder how to charge this battery

Im not sure this is the forum to post this , but , I bought the AeroAce Hog bipe( a micro foam ) and wonder how I might charge the plane ( receiver ) battery? Anyone here know what battery is in the receiver how to connect it to the AccCycle Elite?

( I dropped $29.95!!! on this arf combo so ( cant get a good alum spinner for that ) So I wanna protect my INVESTMENT!!!

Seriously , ANY plane we have we want success regardless of price or any other factors>

My experience is in wet fuel aircraft ...so far......

Thanks
Bill
Old 02-16-2006, 06:23 AM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I wonder how to charge this battery

Assuming it is not a LiPo pack.

Measure the packs voltage or count the bumps for cell count. A fully charged NiCd or NiMh pack is about 1.35 volts per cell. Did it come with a constant current wall wart charger? Put your DVM into a 10 or 2 amp current setting and measure the charge going into the pack. Now at least you know a safe charge current.

Measure the pack size and compare it to others on the Internet that should give you a rough idea of capacity. Discharge it at C/5 to .9 volt per cell and compare it to what you already know. This should get you fairly close.

John