Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

charger won't begin charging new 7cell gp3300 (duratrax intellipeak pulse charger)

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

charger won't begin charging new 7cell gp3300 (duratrax intellipeak pulse charger)

Old 02-17-2006, 02:11 AM
jackanapes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default charger won't begin charging new 7cell gp3300 (duratrax intellipeak pulse charger)

i got 2 7cell gp3300s for my stampede. its insane with my brushless novak, but one of the batteries wont charge. i hooked it up to my intellipeak pulse charger (the top one here: http://www.duratrax.com/caraccys/dtxp4100.html) and it beeps twice, waits, then beeps twice, etc. it never begins charging like it normally does. is the pack dead on arrival? it just arrived at my house from maxamps and it hasnt been used or charged. the other one begins charging like normal when i plug it in.

i tried hooking the dead battery up to the car just to see if it works at all (before charge) and it won't even spin the cooling fan. it reads only 7V or so on my multimeter, but that should be enough to power the cooling fan. im guessing theres a wireing problem or something.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:28 AM
jackanapes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: charger won't begin charging new 7cell gp3300 (duratrax intellipeak pulse charger)

i just found that lightly squeezing the battery pack from both ends makes the charger begin charging, i think its obviously faulty wiring in the pack somewhere. it stops charging immediately after i release the pressure.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:04 AM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: charger won't begin charging new 7cell gp3300 (duratrax intellipeak pulse charger)

I'd return the pack. Sounds like a bad connection.