Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Best battery charger

Old 02-23-2006, 01:42 PM
dj2_7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best battery charger

I need a charger. I'll be charging a 7.2v stick and 5 cell reciever battery packs. I want one that has peak detection and it has to be around $100 or less. Just wondering what everyone would recommend. Thank you
Old 02-23-2006, 02:03 PM
kx250ryder

Default RE: Best battery charger

My picks:

Duratrax Pirhana Digital
MRC Super Brain 977

At first glance, the Pirhana seems like an obvious pick, because it is half as much in cost. But the Super Brain can charge two different batteries at once (making it two chargers in one), and it can also discharge, which will come in handy if any of your packs are nicd.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:29 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

I couldn't agree more. The 969 may also do what you want (if it isn't discontinued)
Old 02-24-2006, 03:15 AM
dj2_7

Thanks for all the help I decided to go with the superbrain 959.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:17 AM
redgiki

I was going to recommend the Great Planes Triton (about $130) as a great multi-purpose charger. It charges, discharges, and can handle NiMH, NiCD, Lead Acid, and Li-Ion/Li-Po batteries with aplomb. It will discharge, too, and do discharge-to-charge tests, with digital readout of the number of amp-hours discharged or charged.

These days, I mostly use LiPo batteries, so my Great Planes Polycharge 4 ($100), which can handle 4 LiPos simultaneously, gets a lot more use. But whenever I have a question regarding capacity, or am using one of the planes I have which still run NiMH, that Triton gets a workout.

No dual-charge mode on it, though. That sounds interesting.