Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

batterys charged on triton

Old 02-23-2006, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default batterys charged on triton

I've got a Triton ordered and was just wondering what some of you who have this charger have used it for. Cordless drill batteries, phone etc. or any other application you have used the charger for.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:38 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: batterys charged on triton

All that and more. I also charge my Motorcycle battery! Very versatile. It re-charges my Panasonic drill easily since I gutted the charger and just use the body.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

It works on about anything rechargable. Sometimes there is a bit of a challenge making an adapter to get to the contacts of the device being charged, but a capable modeler should be able to figure out something in short order. I find old fashioned clothespins with contacts in the jaws works quite well on Makita battery packs and others with similar contact configuration. Never throw away an old wall wart charger that may have gone bad because the connector will undoubtedly fit something else - just watch your polarity.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:10 PM

Also if your camera takes replacement batteries you can substitute rechargeables. Also all of my flashlights now are charged on my new charger. Some batteries like B&K are a bit tricky to figure out the capacity 9.6V seem to be 800mAH but it’s much better that overnight. The wife can’t wait that long to get something hung.
Rich
Old 02-24-2006, 04:37 PM

Do i have to know the mah of the cells in the pack? I have a dewalt drill that i would like to cycle but it just tells me how many volts and that they are nicad cells. Do i need to open the pack to check the mah?
Old 02-24-2006, 05:08 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Great-North
Do i have to know the mah of the cells in the pack? I have a dewalt drill that i would like to cycle but it just tells me how many volts and that they are nicad cells. Do i need to open the pack to check the mah?
Cycle or charge? To cycle you really should know the mAh of the battery to be able to compare it to the manufactures specs. If you just want to charge it, trying 1 amp would be safe enough to use since most drill packs today are rated higher. Be aware opening the pack will void your warranty. Aslo the packs usually do not have the mA rating printed on them. You'll have to measure the pack and take your best guess.
John

This is a DeWalt 14.8 volt drill pack.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92036.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	414826  
Old 02-24-2006, 08:03 PM

yhanks for your help.