Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
 fast charging 7.2 volt car pack >

fast charging 7.2 volt car pack

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

fast charging 7.2 volt car pack

Old 02-26-2006, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fast charging 7.2 volt car pack

I have a couple of Venom 3300 NIMH packs that I just charge at 1c, but I was wondering just how fast I could charge these packs. Are these cells different from the ones that are used in receiver packs.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:22 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: fast charging 7.2 volt car pack

Crash,

A NiMh cell is usually maxed out with a 1C charge. So for your 3300 mAh pack a fast charge would be 3.3. amps. If you charge faster you reduce the life of the pack. NiCd cells can usually be charged at a 2C max.

NiMh is the chemical composition of the cell so that a NiMh cell for receiver has similar characteristics as a 3300 mAh cell for power. The biggest difference being the cell size and capacity. Receiver packs are usually made up of aa cells - they usually have a higher internal resistance than the "C" type cells used for power that are larger in diameter.

John