Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Lion Newbie

Old 09-04-2006, 07:48 PM
tazlittleking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lion Newbie

Thinking of making the lion jump with this first gasser of mine and have a couple of questions.

How is everyone testing their lions to make sure they voltage is good before each flight?
Will a basic voltage tester from tower hobbies work fine?
Can you test them from the charging jacks on side of plane?
Old 09-05-2006, 07:39 AM
richrd

Default RE: Lion Newbie

Yes Yes and Yes Thier is no real capacity verifier but just like NiXX you can test for safe flite. Open cell NoLoad of 4.1 to 3.8V is a good to go, also just like NiXX go home and dischrge and verify left over capacity. Then with math know how many more flites.
Rich
Old 09-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Lion Newbie

You put them on a 1 to 1.5 amp load and dont fly below the recommended voltage, check out Fromecos web site under faq www.fromeco.org.
The discharge as mentioned is the only true way to know what you have used and how much you have left.