Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Never mind a Triton for dummys manual, how about a new charger designed "For Dummys"

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Never mind a Triton for dummys manual, how about a new charger designed "For Dummys"

Old 02-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Never mind a Triton for dummys manual, how about a new charger designed "For Dummys"

I'll jump in with the Triton also, took a couple of hours to figure it out, the only thing that I needed to get used to is accessing the data screen. Great charger, lots of user controls if you need it. Let me know if anyone wants to sell theirs
Old 02-25-2004, 12:40 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

Default RE: Never mind a Triton for dummys manual, how about a new charger designed "For Dummys"

How do you access the data screen? I tried to do it the last time I charged my batteries with no success. Also, is it okay to use the Triton to form charge a battery? Thanks!
Old 02-25-2004, 03:15 PM
Boss248

Pauly...press menu then press menu and batt type at same time or press menu &batt type at same time if you are charging of discharging...I think[&o]
Old 02-25-2004, 03:24 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Re: Getting started.

ORIGINAL: fishgod

Red what would be the general cutoff voltage for NiMh cells. Is it the same as nicad?
Yes, same as for Ni-Cds 0.9 volts/cell is the recommended value.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:38 PM
Boss248

Red...how long should it take for my new 700mah nimh batteries to get anywhere near the rated 700mah out put?? the best it will do is 426mah @3.0 amp discharge on the Victor Hi-IQ. I bought a 7 & 8 cell 700 mah AAA nimh packs at the LHS and so far I don't see enough umph out of either pack to fly the Formosa...what's a fellow to do...I have some li-poly packs coming in but I sure was thinking these nima packs should do better than they are. Both packs were babied for the first 3 cycles but so far ..not good...can you shed some wisdom on me Red??
Old 02-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Boss248

Red...how long should it take for my new 700mah nimh batteries to get anywhere near the rated 700mah out put?? the best it will do is 426mah @3.0 amp discharge on the Victor Hi-IQ. I bought a 7 & 8 cell 700 mah AAA nimh packs at the LHS and so far I don't see enough umph out of either pack to fly the Formosa...what's a fellow to do...I have some li-poly packs coming in but I sure was thinking these nima packs should do better than they are. Both packs were babied for the first 3 cycles but so far ..not good...can you shed some wisdom on me Red??
3 amp discharge is way to high to get the rated capacity. The maufacture rates these at the C/5 discharge rate. Try that (140 mA) and see what you get.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:39 PM
fstevenj

Has anyone come out with a table or something like the first post suggested. I have some 600 mah Ni-cad batteries 4 cell that I want to use this charger with. I want to know out in the field what my settings should be for charge. What my settings should be for the charge/discharge cycles, and if I want to slow charge the batteries should I just use the wall wart or the Triton with what settings. I am also going to buy some 1000mah Ni-cad 4 cells, should I set up the charger any differently?