Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Litco Systems Alpha 4

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 03:17 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Litco Systems Alpha 4

Originally posted by krayzc
i hear the gentelman is going to stop making those charger and retire and live the good life. the last thing one needs if this is true is another 8 track player 2 collect dust if it breaks....
I've had so few electronic things break in my life that if it works when I bought it, I don't worry about it breaking as long as there are not mechanical items inside (ie VCR's, CD players, etc). I also thought I heard that he was going to stop making them, but still service them for existing customers.

The same could happen to a worse extent with the Alpha. Its only one guy, and he sands the identification of the internal components, so no on else would even stand a chance at fixing one if he retired or was hit by a bus tomorrow. It is a concern, but for me I would not let it nix the purchase if it was a perfect fit. In fact, I would consider buying two if they were to be discontinued and I knew I had a long term use for them.

I thought 8 tracks died because something better came along, not because someone stopped making them and they all broke
Old 02-03-2003, 04:53 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

my granddaddy would argue with you that nothing better has come alone seeing how he still loves his collections of 8tracks.
there is a big discuession of the uc II on gsal at yahoo if one wants to hear more about it, you will see i was on this charger hard check it out if you all get the chance, plus there are some phone numbers there for some one on one with experience on this 1st hand.....
Old 02-03-2003, 05:18 PM
sfaust

Hmm... I'm on that list, and haven't seen anything. It's mixed into a general RC folder with other lists, so for some reason I might not be getting those posts delivered to me anymore, and haven't noticed.

Thanks, I'll go look it in the archives. (and figure out why I am not seeing them anymore).
Old 02-04-2003, 01:25 PM
Baja170
My Feedback: (8)

What is gsal at Yahoo? I am very interested in the UC II. It would fit my needs perfectly. 2 - 1/4 boats and 2 - 30%+ Planes 1 FF 50 and an 8103 and R1 all in 1 workroom. It would be great for me

Thanks for any and all information on the UC II

William
Old 02-04-2003, 01:44 PM
sfaust

Its a group run on Yahoo. You can subscribe to it, then read it on the web page, or have it delivered to your mailbox. It is a topical discussion group on giant scale aircraft much like the forums here on RCU. You can find it at the address below. There are also a couple other groups also based on giant scale RC on Yahoo.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsal

Krayzc, how long ago was that discussion on the UCIII on Yahoo? I didn't see it in the Jan or Feb headers. Or is it under a non-descript heading?
Old 02-04-2003, 02:47 PM
krayzc-RCU

nov dec time frame as that when i was on the charger issue hard.
plus i have a computer that is still in transit from japan that has some mail saved on it with those issues from other places. the cpu should arrive in the next few weeks....
Old 02-04-2003, 05:38 PM
sfaust

Thanks.... I just didn't dig deep enough.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:07 PM
n7tb

Originally posted by sfaust

It also have a very well laid out user interface, and is very easy to use, with lots of useful functions. The only downside people tend to mention, is the availability and the 1amp total limit.

When you say 1amp total limit, you are talking about the sum of the charging rates on all four ports cannot be more than 1amp, correct?
Old 02-04-2003, 11:42 PM
sideshow

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by n7tb

When you say 1amp total limit, you are talking about the sum of the charging rates on all four ports cannot be more than 1amp, correct?
That is correct, the TOTAL output can be 1 amp. It's not a fast charger.

I have been lucky and gotten in three times. I traded one for some radio stuff and still have one I haven't taken out of the box. They are great for overnite charging of multiple packs.

Bob
Old 02-05-2003, 02:02 AM
sfaust

Thats exacly my use. One Alpha charges one giant scale airplane (3 batteries), and a transmitter. The second Alpha charges another giant scale airplane (another 3 batteries), and either the flight box battery, glow stick, etc.

In the morning, everything is ready to go before I am. Fast charging wouldn't do me any good, all it would do is have the plane ready to go by 3am. Aint no sun at 3am And with both airplanes fully charged, I couldn't get in enough flying to wear down the batteries enough to warrant a field fast charge, even on heavy flight days.

It will charge 1 port at 1amp, 2 ports at .5amp, 3 ports at .33amp, nad 4 ports at .25amp. Thats the only serious drawback to the Alpha. Most people I know that have an Alpha use them the same way. To get 6 or 8 batteries charged up overnight without having to play move the charger from battery to battery all night long when they should be sleeping. Connect up, and forget about it till morning.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:23 PM
AnthonyI

Default Alpha 4

I just placed my order along with I don't know how many other people. I hope I made it.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:25 PM
lennyk
My Feedback: (12)

Well they closed within 12 minutes again,
so it looks like there is no shortage of demand.

where are the other alternatives that we keep hearing about people building
Old 02-06-2003, 02:38 PM
AnthonyI

I dont know. someone in this thread mentioned the Ultimate Charger II. Its more expensive but has twice the outputs. Read sfaus post21 above.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:42 PM
sfaust

Originally posted by AnthonyI
I dont know. someone in this thread mentioned the Ultimate Charger II. Its more expensive but has twice the outputs. Read sfaus post21 above.
There are some limitations to the charger, but it is an alternative if someone wants an Alpha for overnight charging, and doesn't need any fast charging or peak detect.

I estimated that the first Alpha 4 post after the list opened would be 9:10 or so. I was off by a few minutes
Old 02-06-2003, 03:03 PM
Stratos
My Feedback: (4)

Default Wait for a reply until when??

I heard you get an email notice fairly quickly if you won the lottery
I also heard/read you don't get any notice if you didn't make it.

My question is how late is 'LATE' to expect one??
Old 02-06-2003, 03:30 PM
sfaust

Default Re: Wait for a reply until when??

If you didn't make the list, you should know for sure by the end of the day. I think they send out the responses on the same day if you made the list.
Old 02-06-2003, 03:58 PM
cres24

I received my email notification from Litco about 9:10 CST. Scott
Old 02-06-2003, 04:19 PM
lennyk

Well it looks like I didn't get one or my coworkers who tried at the same time.
Old 02-06-2003, 04:35 PM
krayzc-RCU

sorry well keep your eye on ebay to pick up one!!1
Old 02-06-2003, 05:04 PM
Stratos
My Feedback: (4)

Default Loosing hope here......

I still have some hope left :disappoin but I'm beginning to see how people can get bitter about the whole process, especially after a couple of "trys" :tired:

Hey Stephen,

Did Craig got your Edge? I just hope he did cause that means it will stay in the area and it might give me another chance to get it in the future.... :bananahea
Old 02-06-2003, 05:15 PM
sfaust

Actually, the Edge will be going to Iceland. Its being crated up now. So, if you want some stick time on it, you will need some passenger seat time in a commercial airliner first.

I wonder how it will like the abuse of a couple months of heavy flying when the sun never sets, followed by months of cold dark storage. I wish it was staying local, since I'd like some stick time on it every now and then myself. There was a couple other buyers, but none local. The only local one was a friend of mine in PA, but he was down at the bottom of the list because I didn't think he was interested, and never mentioned it to him. Shame on me :disappoin If he bought it, I could trade flights on the Decathlon he sold me for flights on the Edge. Oh well.

As a consolation, I'll be putting an Alpha 4 up for auction in the first week of August when my new one arrives.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:23 PM
lennyk

Default Re: Loosing hope here......

No need to lose hope over something you never had in the first place, I along with 4 other employees tried and did not get thru this morning using www.time.gov

I did get one in the last time though.

Originally posted by Stratos
I still have some hope left :disappoin but I'm beginning to see how people can get bitter about the whole process, especially after a couple of "trys" :tired:

Hey Stephen,

Did Craig got your Edge? I just hope he did cause that means it will stay in the area and it might give me another chance to get it in the future.... :bananahea
Old 02-06-2003, 05:27 PM
sideshow

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not really sure why but I have gotten through every time I have tried...including today. It's just hit or miss..........

Bob
Old 02-06-2003, 05:28 PM
sfaust

Default Re: Re: Loosing hope here......

Originally posted by lennyk
No need to lose hope over something you never had in the first place, I along with 4 other employees tried and did not get thru this morning using www.time.gov

I did get one in the last time though.

I was just ready to send the e-mail this morning, when I noticed that I hadn't included Alpha4 in the subject as they request on the web site. My e-mail would have been tossed out by their junk mail filter. I wonder how many people miss this, and never get on the list because of it.

Its an odd way to do business, and I certainly don't condone it, but hey, its their business to do with as they please. With no shortage of orders, they chose to do what is easiest for them to deal with. Can't blame them in that respect. I wish I had that luxury in my business.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:51 PM
EdMan-RCU

:thumbup: I received e-mail confirmation back in about 1-2 hrs with ship date/order #. This is the second time I've ordered an Alpha4, back in Sept, and today. Both times I got an order in. This one was for a buddy. He liked mine so much, he had to have one too. Indeed it's not really a fast charger, but a very nice overnight/ maintenance unit.

Good Luck to the others,
EdMan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.