Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

A123 as receiver pack - no fly voltage?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

A123 as receiver pack - no fly voltage?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Gatorb8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A123 as receiver pack - no fly voltage?

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

What's wrong with being a Lawyer.

As you have said, it all depends on how many Mah you will use per flight on a particular airframe and what servo's you have installed, On a large 3D petrol airframe fitted out with Hitec 5955's all around I can momentaraly draw 15 amps, a single servo is capable of drawing 4 amps, the new JR servo I think its the 8711 can draw up to 6 amps, if all this sound like hogwash have a look on the Probuild web site where they have done extensive testing, also somewhere there is a report of Quique Simozini drawing over and above his two Power Regulators and causing them to shut down and splatting his Python, this was with 8711's and Spektrum gear.

What did we do when we only had Nicd or Nimh's to contend with and did not fly 3D?

Personnaly I just field charge my A123's whilst I refuel, this just tops them up enough to give piece of mind.

Mike

EDIT: Forgott, I also use the Fromeco Kodiak switch that has a digital read out of the Mah you have used per flight, this is cumalative until you reset the meter.
just kidding about the "lawyer"
have you compared the readings on the kodiak switch to what your charger says it put back in? How closely do they agree?
thx
Gatorb8
Old 03-27-2009, 10:14 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: A123 as receiver pack - no fly voltage?

Gatorb8

I have found the Kodiak to be slightly pesermistic i.e. over reading, but this is not a bad thing, the largest discrepancy I have had was 100Mamps which I think is quite acceptable.

Mike