Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Yea or Nay? (NiMh)

Old 05-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Hiaboo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yea or Nay? (NiMh)

Quite simply, just going to run it in my villain, no serious racing, just bashing around the pond.. Would these chargers and batteries be OK/suit my purposes? I'd like it to be 110v supplied.

charger:
https://www.all-battery.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=1351
or
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...rod=dh-dyn4033

battery:
https://www.all-battery.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=1031

Would prefer buying from one place. Any suggesions/changes are welcome.

I'd like to order these things ASAP caz im sick and tired of the crappy ni-cad and wall wart that I'm using.

wondering, would the MRC 977 be good? it has a wall plug but I'd like to charge 2x batteries at once thats my problem.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:58 AM
R.Robinson
Banned

Default RE: Yea or Nay? (NiMh)

I would suggest getting a good charger. I have 3 TEkin 112c chargers and they have never failed me yet. You can get a good use one on Ebay for less than $75. It will be the last charger you will ever buy. For batteries Buy Quality!!! Tower has good prices on packs.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:46 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

The batts linked are at the low end of quality. I'd also recommend some better cells (IB, GP) and the 977 MRC is a great charger for doing the dual packs.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:59 PM
tukkus
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: guver

The batts linked are at the low end of quality. I'd also recommend some better cells (IB, GP) and the 977 MRC is a great charger for doing the dual packs.
What do you mean by saying that they are at the low end? What makes them worse than any other pack?

I'm asking because I bought that exact battery pack on sale (2 for 18.00)and use them for my cordless starter. So far they seem to be working fine, they both took a charge of over 3800mah's when I formed them and I used them to start my YS 1.10 with my Hobbico 90 starter, so far they work good but the real test for the batteries and my starter is when I use it for the YS 140L.

I bought those thinking it wouldn't be much of a loss if they didn't work out the way I wanted them too but so far I'm happy with them. I also have an electric truck that I'll be using them in to see how they do, I'm not a racer just a backyard basher so I'm hoping these cheapo batteries will be good enough for me.

I'm just curious how you know whether they are good or bad, so I can make a more informed purchase next time.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:15 PM
guver

They are a typical generic cell that will do fine up to a point, but will not maintain voltage under a heavy load. You may not notice it in an rtr truck or using a cheap motor, but when using a mod or brushless motor pulling some serious power the batts will drop voltage farther than a pack using quality cells such as gp or Ib.

Usually dischargeing 10 minutes or longer they'll be fine, dischargeing in 5 or 6 minutes or less is when they start to fall off bad.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Hiaboo

DONE! Thanks guys.

Got an Hobbico elite and GP 3300's from rat shack.. I have a buddy there so got some $$ off.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:11 AM
guver

very good cells and a great charger.