Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Deans Plugs

Old 05-07-2007, 04:17 AM
pilot143

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deans Plugs

I was looking to change all my plugs over to deans... a few questions: batts are a must obviously, but whats typical? does anybody use them for the motors? recomended or not? I think I've read guys reverse them (female to males on one, and males to females on the other) as not to confuse them.

also, where is the best place to buy? I found this place earlier, just didn't know anything about them, but looks as if its a good deal atleast.

** EDIT: just re-read... "deans STYLE" Link removed **

if thats not a good place, where is better? I've got a number of cars and trucks and boats to change over... I can do the math, but I'm looking at a rather large amount... 4 cars/boats/trucks... plus motors maybe? plus chargers... plus spare batts... etc... a few bucks on this would be a big deal in the end... bulk would be nice.

thanks for the help as always...
Old 05-07-2007, 08:00 AM
R.Robinson
Banned

Default RE: Deans Plugs

Deans plugs are the best. Many people say they arre hard to solder. But I have never had a problem. The best place to but is TOwer HObbies.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Merlin1205
My Feedback: (2)

I was looking to change all my plugs over to deans... a few questions: batts are a must obviously, but whats typical? does anybody use them for the motors? recomended or not? I think I've read guys reverse them (female to males on one, and males to females on the other) as not to confuse them.

Usually put the female (the one without the pins sticking out) on the battery and the male on the controller. This is to prevent an accidental short if the male pins come in contact with a metal object. Most people don't use them for motor connections as they are made for 2 wires and not the three required for brushless motors. Though I have heard they are now making 3 wiire deans for motors but I have not seen any yet. I use bullet connectors on all my motors and they work great, you can get different sizes for different wire ga and it makes for easy motor swapping. Some people just solder the motor connections which is the best method. Do a search on google for Deans connectors and you can probably find someone who will sell in bulk for you.

Happy Flying,

Tim
Old 05-10-2007, 12:07 AM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

i just had another question. I have a new electric plane and I don't have any of them. I have bought a motor battery pack and esc. I was going to just simply put the type of plug on the esc that the batteries usually come with . Now I was told that these battery blugs fail quckly and that I should use deans. any suggestions ? thanks in advance