Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Charger for Duralite 4000mah Li-Ion

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Charger for Duralite 4000mah Li-Ion

Old 05-07-2007, 07:11 PM
robflyer82
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charger for Duralite 4000mah Li-Ion

I just got a new heli with a Duralite DDP-07404 4000mah Lithium-Ion RX battery and now I need a charger. On the back of it, it says only use the Duralite Plus Charger (one of these i think, http://www.duralitebatteries.com/accessories2.html). Is that the only charger I can use for it or which other ones will work? I don't really have an all around charger yet, I've just been using what ever has come with the radios. If i'm going to spend money on a charger, maybe I can get one that will suit all my needs for years to come. Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 05-07-2007, 09:35 PM
TampaRCGuy
My Feedback: (282)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Charger for Duralite 4000mah Li-Ion

Duralite will only warranty the pack if you use either their Duralite charger or the Orbit Pocketlader which they sell as well.

Any li-po charger will work, although I have been told by several jet flyers that the Triton has problems due to the circuitry built into the Duralite pack.

At the International Jet Rally in Lake Wales, FL last November, I sold many e-Station 301DX's for use with the Duralite and Fromeco battery packs. The pilots really liked it over the Duralite charger as they charged the packs at 1C. 1C on the 4000 mah pack was charging at 4 amps and the recharge was done in an hour or do from a low pack. The jet flyers typically throw the batteries on a charge just after 1-2 flights. With the 301DX, the charge was done very quickly since the pack was still quite charged. Since these guys typically don't do electrics, they did not need to spend anymore for a charger.

http://www.rcaccessory.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=132

Evan Chapkis
RC Accessory, Inc.
Auth US Bantam Importer
Old 05-08-2007, 01:57 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 339 Likes on 271 Posts
Default RE: Charger for Duralite 4000mah Li-Ion

The Duralite packs contain a circuit for balancing the pack that easily burns out. If you run a charge over 400mah it will cook the balancer circuit and they wont warranty the pack. For a cost of a 4000mah pack, and the amount of flights you get per charge, there's really no reason to field charge these things and no reason to void an excellent warranty.