Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

triton jr charger and 2700 nimh 6 volt battery

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

triton jr charger and 2700 nimh 6 volt battery

Old 12-13-2007, 12:40 AM
cng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default triton jr charger and 2700 nimh 6 volt battery

Just finished fully charging my 2700 mah nimh 6 volt expert pack. It took a while but this is how I got it to work.
First set a 5x cycle with a charge rate of .5a and a discharge rate of 1.0a. I tried higher charge rates at first and the pack did not respond well to it. This is a brand new pack and after the 3rd cycle I started seeing better charge and discharge rates. The triton jr has an auto shut off of 90min. The tech notes in tower hobbies states that you can disable the auto shut off. I could not do this. If someone knows how please advise. When the term of the last discharge to charge cycle was completed I just continued to charge at a rate of .5a and reset it every time the timer went off. With the combined charge totals it put me just over 2800mah. And the pack was just slightly warm. This pack had been charging for over 5 hours at this rate and had no heat issues through any of it's charges. You have to do the math since you can't disable the auto shut off. Oh yeah the charger remained nice and cool through the whole process as well. It's a very easy set up and once going through it a few times it get's easier to navigate through the screens. Hopefully this helps.