Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

A123racing's Horrible Customer Service

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

A123racing's Horrible Customer Service

Old 05-30-2008, 06:18 AM
Pooflinger1006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A123racing's Horrible Customer Service

I ordered the A123 9.9v 3s and the hypersonic charger, once I got them the charger didn't work all it does is blow the 15 amp fuse everytime i try to use it.

One thing I have to say is A123 support basically sucks I have called numerous times and always have to leave a message so a support guy can call me back, which they never do. Also they will not reply to any emails.

Personally I am just going to eat the loses on the charger and chunk the battery. Then bad mouth them to every hobby shop, fellow racer or flyer in the area, and anyone asking about a123 racing cells on any other board I am on.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:02 PM
everydayflyer

Default RE: A123racing's Horrible Customer Service

chunk the battery. Then bad mouth them to every hobby shop, fellow racer or flyer in the area, and anyone asking about a123 racing cells on any other board I am on.
Sounds like rather childish behavior but then..............................

I love their cells but agree that their customer service (you said it not me) leaves a lot to be desired. Their only representative here on their Official Web Support Site rarely even checks in and has been know to take weeks or longer to respond to a post.

Like I said I love their cells but I build my own packs, their cost to much and selection is way to limited. Never used their charger either for the same reasons ,to expensive and to limited.

Charles
Old 06-23-2008, 01:23 AM
fb5b

I'm finding out this about their support now as well and mate I am FUMING!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Pooflinger1006

Well Its been about 7-8 months since I had all the problems with the a123 cells, I finally got an email today saying sorry for the long wait but someone will try to call me soon. I'm so excited about it now cause I had forgot about it completely until I got my email.

So their customer service is rather slow 7-8 months to acknowledge I had a problem with their product, now I can wait to see if i can get a replacement or a refund.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:42 PM
SS Pede

It's a shame, because Brian from A123 (whatever his position is, I don't know) was a common presence on this forum and others around the time these cells were first being released to the RC population. Things are a lot quieter now...
Old 02-08-2009, 09:31 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I guess that settles that!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Sewerdude
My Feedback: (20)

I love their cells but agree that their customer service (you said it not me) leaves a lot to be desired. Their only representative here on their Official Web Support Site rarely even checks in and has been know to take weeks or longer to respond to a post.

Charles
[/quote]

If this is the case.....................theres no reason for them to have a "Support Forum" on here if their going to take weeks to respond to posts.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:20 AM
everydayflyer

Depends on one's point of view I guess.

Back when I first started posting here I was informed by Brain that I did such a good job of answering most question that he did not feel the need to respond to most post.

If someone has a problem that requires customer service then they really should phone or email not post on a forum , any forum in my opinion.

A123 does have another site but I do not have it book marked. There were a lot of changes when A123 Systems purchased Enerland and perhaps Brain has much bigger fish to fry.

Last I heard Horizon Hobbies was the sole US Distributor so perhaps they are a good CS contact point .

I will mentioned once agin that there is 10 to 100 times more information on these cells over on RC Groups then there is here.

Charles